Elizabeth's blog has the proximity sensor testing videos!
The neopixel consumes a lot of power so it needs to be powered separately, our next attempt is controlling multiple neopixels with an arduino.
We ran into a lot of errors like avrdude, and the arduino crashing cause of lack of power. We then #included the <power.h> lib which I dont completely understand what it does but seems like the neopixel behaves better with that included.
our to-do list for this weekend is
- Check other micro-controllers besides Uno for multiple neopixels
- Attach multiple neopixels and control them with the proximity sensor
- Fabricate the lenticular surface and mirror and light enclosure
- Test the projection mapping system in case that is a good addition
- Test the Skanect and check if the 3D character can be controlled by the proximity sensor
Basically, A LOT.
Let's see what works and what doesn't so we can have a good user testing next week!