- Seek Attention
- Add meaning
- Keep in mind color vision limitation of the population
- Complementary colors on the color wheel - combinations, Saturated colors(pure hues) - attract attention and desaturated to indicate seriousness, Symbolism - verify the meaning since this is still speculative
- State of discomfort due to conflicting attitudes, thoughts or actions
- Optimal level of incentive required to change behaviour and attitude is the point of minimum justification!
- 3 ways to alleviate cognitive dissonance - A) Reduce importance of the dissonant cognitions B) Add consonant cognitions C) Remove/change dissonant cognitions
- Tendency to perceive things as unchanging or different based on our visual limitations
- Size, Color, Shape and Brightness constancy are some examples. All our senses exhibit constancy.
- Technique to bring attention to an area
- Few ways to do it are Bold, Italics, underlining, typeface, color, inversing and blinking